Committee Goals and Objectives
The Caldwell Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to advancing the economic climate of the community and the quality of life of its citizens.
- Identify best practices by generating a dialogue between the Caldwell education and business communities (i.e. education forums, etc.)
- Facilitate information exchange and partnership exploration between business and education at both K-12 and higher education levels.
- Support initiatives to connect business to education.
- Partner with the Chamber and local school leaders in planning and execution of Education Noonbreak Luncheon. Includes designing the program, coordinating speakers, and securing sponsorship (March 2020). Aligns with Goal #1.
- Host a career forum for students in Caldwell where students can interact and learn from people in various industries and colleges. Aligns with all goals.
- Recruit additional members in the Committee by establishing sub-committee or project teams. A focus will be on recruiting more representatives from different industries to ensure a balance of non-profit, education, and business leaders. Builds capacity to support all goals.
The Education Committee expects there will be some costs associated with some of the strategies listed above, but we are committed to raising those dollars on our own through sponsorships of the event. We will need additional help finding people in different industries for our career forum as well as possibly staffing the forum. We do expect the Chamber staff and Board to assist in promoting the Education Committee’s events and activities.